Monday, September 26, 2011

A Songwriters Life "Crossroads"



So this week was pretty heavy. Had a lot of life happen to me and it has me leaning on God pretty hard. A long story short pretty much every door that had opened for me in the last few months here in LA shut pretty hard and fast. These are the times where you have to really have to lean on Gods word. 


The preacher in ecclesiastes 1 would have a lot to say about this city. Probably throw in a couple more "vanity's" into his sermon hah. Everyone in this town is too busy. Right now I guess I'm looking for my samaritan to stop to get me up on my feet, but so far everyone is passing on the other side.



I've been asking myself the hard questions this week. Is this life that I set up down here all vanity or have I built it on Gods word. 

(north tower hollywood building)

I think the hard truth to take from this is that both were in the picture. And now God is trying to take out all the smoke and establish a foundation that's built entirely on his word.


I know that God will open up a path for me. When paul first met timothy and God gave paul his map they went many different directions and God closed off many of the routes and they had no idea why. But they knew the end destination and they just kept taking different routes til God opened up the one. 


I know I'm just here for the ride, but it feels like I got stuck upside down and all the bloods rushing to my head. hah!

(members of cirque du sole practicing for the red carpet opening night)

All I can hope for is God opening up the path for me.


Pray for me friends, this aint gonna be a easy journey...

j

No comments:

Post a Comment